Please make note of the following travel regulations
1. If ground transportation is only needed for travel between the airport and lodging location and/or work site (conference location), university travelers are encouraged to use shuttle services and taxis.
2. Use of a rental car for travel to/from restaurants and sightseeing is deemed to be personal and will not be reimbursed.
3. Rental cars should be standard size or smaller class when available. Exceptions must be clearly documented.
1. Rental of 12 – 15 passenger vans is prohibited.
4. Car rental insurance, including Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Liability, are not reimbursable when renting in the United States.
5. The Big Ten car rental agreement provides CDW or LDW and Liability when contracts are utilized.
6. When renting outside of the U.S., it is recommended that travelers purchase liability insurance because of unique laws in foreign countries, complications in settling claims, and personal policy restrictions.
7. Rental car Global Positioning Services (GPS) are not reimbursable.
8. Travelers may purchase fuel service options as long as the traveler is charged for gallons used and not for a full tank.
1. Recommendation: Travelers should fill the rental car themselves and submit receipts for reimbursement.